View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Start of season? 
Teeing Off

Post Start of season?
Hi, new forum member and a brand new golfer. I started last summer. I knwo it's variable, but I'm wondering when the season normally starts here in Winnipeg? After the snow melts, does it take a few days or week sto dry out? I ask because the longterm weather forecast predicts 10 above by mid-March, which is warmer than when I stopped golfing in November.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:47 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Start of season?
Hello and welcome to Manitoba Golf Forum :D

The start to golf season in Winnipeg and Manitoba varies every year of course due to the unpredictable winter weather. It all depends on how warm it gets, how much snow there is on the golf course and how fast the snow melts.

There are always some golf courses pushing to be the first Winnipeg or Manitoba golf course to open. In 2009 I recall some golf courses were open mid April. There have been times when some golf courses opened in late March, although very rare.

As for 2010 golf season starting, I think early to mid April sounds like a sure bet.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:53 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]