View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Hello and Welcome to Manitoba Golf Forum 
Site Admin

Post Hello and Welcome to Manitoba Golf Forum
Hello :D

Welcome to our community for golf lovers. Although it is called Manitoba Golf Forum, it is open to everyone from around the world.

I started this forum in my spare time to create a family friendly community where golf lovers can chat about golf, tips and advice, favorite courses, and anything else golfers feel like talking about. Whether you are a beginner looking for tips or a pro willing to give tips and advice, we hope you'll make Manitoba Golf Forum your home.

My goal is make this forum better and better as time goes on as I continue to add things. Your input is needed and greatly appreciated. If there is something you'd like to see, please post it in the suggestions. If you are a golf course owner/manager that would like more information posted about your golf course in it's main thread post, let me know.

A little about me...

I am not the best golfer on the course but I do love to play when I get the chance. The game is fun for me even when I'm having a bad game, which is probably not the case for some. I mostly play the Manitoba Courses which is one of the reasons the forum focuses mostly on Manitoba.

The forum is new but I wanted to post an introduction to start things off. Feel free to start off with an introduction post for yourself to get your forum feet wet. Just don't get your feet wet in the water hazards.

Have a great time at Manitoba Golf Forum and invite your friends!

:D

Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:44 pm
Profile WWW
On The Fairway

I like the new look on top. Now you know right away it's a golf site when you arrive. I see a few more people joined too but I'm not sure if they are the people I asked to join.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:13 pm
Site Admin

Thanks Slicer. It looks ok at certain browser settings and others not so good. It depends on what people's settings are set at. I may have to change it to something that looks good in all browsers at all settings when I have some time.

Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
Birdie Member

I've had quite a few of those types of putts where the ball stops at the edge of the hole just like in the picture up top. It reminds me of that now famous Tiger Woods putt that sat on the edge of the hole for a second or two before falling into the cup.

Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:36 am
Site Admin

Yeah that Tiger putt was a great Nike commercial before it even became a Nike commercial with the cameras focused right in on the ball and the Nike symbol :lol:

Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:06 pm
Profile WWW
Birdie Member

They showed that famous shot today. Tiger almost had a similar shot today that started high and rolled back towards the hole but didn't have enough juice to make it all the way.

Admin, I was wondering if you are planning on promoting the forum anywhere as we head into golf season to bring in some members?

Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:23 pm
Site Admin

Admin, I was wondering if you are planning on promoting the forum anywhere as we head into golf season to bring in some members?

There are no plans to purchase any advertising if that's what you mean. I will be doing some other things soon though. Forums usually start off slow and build from there working out any bugs like spam. If you feel like spreading the word about Manitoba Golf Forum by all means feel free to do so.

Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:45 pm
Profile WWW
Teeing Off

6518 Hyway #9 St.Andrews, Manitoba
Just off main st. on the #9 By-pass that go's around Selkirk.

Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:15 pm
Birdie Member

wpggolfer wrote:

There are no plans to purchase any advertising if that's what you mean. I will be doing some other things soon though. Forums usually start off slow and build from there working out any bugs like spam. If you feel like spreading the word about Manitoba Golf Forum by all means feel free to do so.

I, like home on the range has, have mentioned the forum to a few people. I understand it will start off slow and members will eventually join.

Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:38 pm
Site Admin

Told 2 customers today!

Thanks Colin!

wpggolfer wrote:
I, like home on the range has, have mentioned the forum to a few people. I understand it will start off slow and members will eventually join.

Thanks wpggolfer!

I appreciate that you guys are helping to tell people about the forum.

I know it's the members that make the forum and create the discussions. Just continue visiting on your free time, post/reply to topics, and slowly the members will join as they find out about us.

Also, it looks like the security steps I took has stopped the SPAMbots. There haven't been any at all.

Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
Birdie Member

I was looking at the amazon ad at the bottom and I noticed that they have some pretty good deals. The Tiger Woods book has a low price of only $3.54. Why so low? Is it a bad book?

Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:04 pm
Site Admin

I was looking at the amazon ad at the bottom and I noticed that they have some pretty good deals. The Tiger Woods book has a low price of only $3.54. Why so low? Is it a bad book?

Amazon sells New and Used books among other things. I believe the $3.54 price you're quoting is for Tiger's book used. Sorry, I never read it so I don't know if it's good or not but at $3.54 you can't go wrong. If it is a bad book you won't feel as bad as you would paying full price for it. :lol:

Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:58 pm
Profile WWW
Birdie Member

Howdy Admin! I notice you haven't been around here for awhile. Does that mean you're busy out there playing golf like myself. I can see a few more people joined but not many are posting, unless they are having some problems figuring out how to post. I'm enjoying the golf season so far and just wanted to stop in to say hi and check to see how things are going with everyone. I hope to see everyone around here soon.

Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:17 pm
Site Admin

Howdy Admin! I notice you haven't been around here for awhile. Does that mean you're busy out there playing golf like myself. I can see a few more people joined but not many are posting, unless they are having some problems figuring out how to post. I'm enjoying the golf season so far and just wanted to stop in to say hi and check to see how things are going with everyone. I hope to see everyone around here soon.

I've been quite busy with some other things that have taken up a lot of time. I'm also still nursing a persistent back injury that isn't golf friendly which, to put it bluntly, SUCKS! :cry:

I figured with the forum still being small, my not being able to pop in everyday won't hurt too much. When I make my push to bring in members, which I still haven't done, and the forum grows is when my being here regularly will be necessary.

It looks like you're the new regular wpggolfer. :D Slicer was on a posting frenzy awhile back and then we haven't heard from him. Hopefully he's just enjoying the golf like you are.

Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:18 pm
Profile WWW
Birdie Member

I'm sorry to hear your back is still giving you trouble and i hope it will get better soon. I was wondering where you've been that's all. I've been keeping busy myself but i try to pop in here when i can.

Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:09 pm
Birdie Member

I don't want you to think I'm trying to push anything on you but you might want to try taking a look at this website on back pain. Maybe they will have something you could try or do.

http://backpain.lifetips.com/

Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:57 am
Site Admin

Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:37 pm
Profile WWW
Birdie Member

No problem! I hope it helps! Bad backs are not fun!

Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:51 pm
Site Admin

Hey sorry I'm not around much. Still nursing a back back and no they are no fun wpggolfer. I had something go in my back quite a few years ago from improper heavy lifting. This time it was a freak accident. At least I can still watch some golf and I can catch some of the Canadian Open this weekend.

Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
Teeing Off

Post THANKS
hi good day
hello to all staff of Manitoba golf i would like say to of all you that i am happy to new member..
I heared that this place a very nice to play a golf,,,.....THANK YOU :wink: :wink: :) :)

Mon May 26, 2008 12:50 am
Site Admin

Post Re: THANKS
anlex wrote:
hi good day
hello to all staff of Manitoba golf i would like say to of all you that i am happy to new member..
I heared that this place a very nice to play a golf,,,.....THANK YOU :wink: :wink: :) :)

Hello Anna,

Welcome to Manitoba Golf Forum!

I hope to see you around more often :wink: Please tell us about your golf experiences and which golf courses you like to play at.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:25 pm
Profile WWW
Teeing Off

Post Re: Hello and Welcome to Manitoba Golf Forum
Great golf forum you have here and even better since it is mostly for Winnipeg and Manitoba golf courses.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:31 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]