View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Practice Facilities (more than a driving range) 
Teeing Off

Post Practice Facilities (more than a driving range)
Hey,

Does anyone know of a course in Winnipeg or the surrounding area that has a good practice facility?

There are numerous driving ranges, but none has a great practice area.

Hackers & Smackers driving range on wilkes for example has a small putting green and a chipping green, but you can't practice anything longer than 20 feet.

Tuxedo has a much bigger putting green, and a decent chipping hole. You have about 40 yards to work with at Tuxedo's chipping hole.

Does anyone know of a golf course with a long practice hole? Doesn't matter if its a driving range, par 3, or regular golf course. I'm looking for something longer than 40 yards though. Preferably 100.

I played Steinbach's Fly-In course the other weekend, and I swear there was a decent sized practice area to the left(east) of the 18th hole. It looked like it may have been 70-80 yards, but I can't remember if the grass there was cut or groomed etc.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:49 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Practice Facilities (more than a driving range)
Southside Golf Course boasts "The Ultimate Practice Facility" although I can't personally attest to that. You can check out their website to read more about them if you want.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:18 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]