View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 What is Your Favorite Manitoba Golf Course? 
On The Fairway

Post What is Your Favorite Manitoba Golf Course?
I know everyone probably hasn't had the chance to play every course in the province and some people may be biased towards a particular course but I thought I'd pose the question anyways.

What is your favorite Manitoba Golf Course?

Currently my favorite has to be The Links at Quarry Oaks in Steinbach.

Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:04 pm
Site Admin

This may sound like a cop out answer but I like playing any golf course. I just enjoy playing. When the day comes that I have played ALL golf courses in Manitoba I promise to give a straight answer. :lol:

Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:54 pm
Profile WWW
On The Fairway

Come on you can pick at least one Manitoba Golf Course you really enjoy playing can't you? :lol:

Just agree with me and say The Links then.

:lol:

Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:39 pm
Site Admin

I have yet to play a golf course I didn't like playing at and I'm happy to play at any golf course. Just as long as I get a chance to play I'm happy. My favorite golf course in Manitoba is........

The one I am playing at the time!

:lol:

Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:17 pm
Profile WWW
On The Fairway

Anyone else want to chime in here and post their favorite Manitoba golf course?

:D

Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:14 pm
Teeing Off

Tough question, I like Falcon lake, Hecla Island, Selkirk and the one that is really interesting me is Granite Hills. It looks like it's gonna be beautiful.

Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:55 pm
On The Fairway

Hecla is one golf course I want to play soon and you're right about Granite Hills. It is going to be beautiful.

Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:45 pm
Teeing Off

or maybe what i mean is i like drinking my Starbucks on Bridges. :D

nice driving range. comfy (not HUGE) clubhouse.

Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:27 pm
Teeing Off

Has anybody played at Lake of the Sandhills ? A very scenic course .

Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:54 am
On The Fairway

my favorite is kildonan. its fun n easy n it looks great 2.

Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:40 pm
Teeing Off

Tough to say, there are so many challenging tracks out there...

Well I'll rate them based on the one's I've played....

1. Pine Ridge - especially after the Manitoba Canadian Tour event... wow fast greens
2. Teulon - Love the fact you have to play more than just your driver....
3. Rossmere - Just when you think you've got it licked, it bites back...
4. Transcona - Has improved every year I was a member and every year since I haven't...
5. The Meadows @ East St. Paul- Awesome greens, just let the course develop....

Some of the others I've played....(In no particular Order!!!!)

1. Cottonwood - Enjoyed the 27 hole scramble there, and the November round last year...lol
2. Larter's - seems every time I play there, something is being repaired, greens aerated or something...
3. Bel Acres - Was enjoyable and tough in sections. PLays narrow and then wide open. Tough par 3's, great food!
4. Kildonan - enjoyable considering it's a city run course, simple layout, but great for a mid level handicap....as you can post good numbers..
5. Windsor - pretty much the same as above but clearly ranked second to Kildonan in my opinion...
6. John Blumberg - Love the 13th and 14th holes, but ho hum for the rest, best facilities for the city run courses though!
7. Tuxedo - maybe not fair to say, but dosen't hold the appeal anymore....
8. Quarry Oaks - Love the Oak, can't stand the dessert nine...Good practice facilities, great shop, good food!
9. LaVerendrye - Enjoyed all three rounds that I've ever played there.....
10. South Interlake - Only played once, but really enjoyed the scramble I played there... Need to cut that tree on the Par 3!!!!!!!!!

Fairways and Greens!

Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:21 am
Teeing Off

Hi guys - we are coming up from the states to winnipeg this weekend and we would like to play a couple of golf courses in the winnipeg area. Is there someone here that could tell us which courses would be quick to play but still give us a challenge. We are looking for courses that aren't too busy or slow with amateurs. A well groomed course and nice greens would be a plus. Price doesn't matter. Thanks for your help.

Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:10 am
Birdie Member

Hi guys - we are coming up from the states to winnipeg this weekend and we would like to play a couple of golf courses in the winnipeg area. Is there someone here that could tell us which courses would be quick to play but still give us a challenge. We are looking for courses that aren't too busy or slow with amateurs. A well groomed course and nice greens would be a plus. Price doesn't matter. Thanks for your help.

Hi, welcome to the forum and Winnipeg when you get here.

Weekends are usually busy in summer as is the case at most golf courses. That's why I enjoy the weekday mornings. I'm not sure if you want to stay in the city of Winnipeg or mind a drive outside the city. Bel Acres is just on the edge of the north perimeter which you might enjoy. The Meadows is another nice course, well groomed, greens are real nice. Bridges is a course I enjoy. There are a few others that are within 30-40 minute drives of the city that are nice. The admin of this forum set up a section with more info on the courses and maps.

Calling ahead to book your prefered tee time is also a good idea.

Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:28 am
Site Admin

xmen, welcome to the forum and Winnipeg when you get here. I'm sure you'll enjoy it in Winnipeg as well as at the golf courses.

The ones mentioned by wpggolfer and the others in this thread are good choices. The weekends do tend to be busy.

wpggolfer I'm glad you're here often to help with these kinds of things. Thanks!

Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:23 am
Profile WWW
Teeing Off

This may sound like a cop out answer but I like playing any golf course. I just enjoy playing. When the day comes that I have played ALL golf courses in Manitoba I promise to give a straight answer. :lol:

Same here, I really enjoy just spending my time golfing. Dont really matter where. I will soon have played them all and I might be able to give you a answer then. For now. I like them all. :D

Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:21 pm
Birdie Member

wpggolfer I'm glad you're here often to help with these kinds of things. Thanks!

Sorry I didn't see this before. No thanks is needed but you're welcome. I enjoy coming here when I have some free time. If I can help promote Manitoba golf courses, all the better.

I wonder if they enjoyed the golf since we never heard back from him yet.

Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]