View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 How do I decide when choosing new golf clubs? 
Birdie Member

Post How do I decide when choosing new golf clubs?
I've been thinking about upgrading my clubs this spring. Should buy a complete set or should I just start with a new driver and go from there. I can go out and get a new driver for double or triple what I paid for the complete set I have now.

Then there is choice of brand. With so many different choices it makes the decision that much harder.

Funny thing is I couldn't tell you what brand I have right now, I'd have to go check my golf bag. I bought them used and when I do play I notice I don't even use all the clubs during the course of a round. I don't exactly know if I'm choosing the right clubs when I do play for each particular shot.

Is anyone going to be buying new clubs?

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:35 pm
Teeing Off

Post Re: How do I decide when choosing new golf clubs?
:P
I bought a TaylorMade Tour Burner Driver 10.5 Degree Regular on eBay

It works good

You can try.

Good luck!

Edit: Link replaced by ForumAdmin - I don't mind a link in member's signature but I can't allow everyone to post their sites in posts.

Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:21 am
Teeing Off

I'm really looking forward for this weekend!!
Linda will come with me to have a golf competition this weekend. I have gotten ready!! I bought new golf shirts, golf clubs, golf shoes all from ebay. Linda, I’m just waiting for you.

Last edited by ForumAdmin on Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

links replaced by ForumAdmin

Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:34 am
Teeing Off

I just bought new clubs Callaway X-20 Irons Set and I am still working on trying to be more consistent. Any one know of any place on-line that I could buy the impact decals (The ones you stick on the club face that shows you if you hit the sweet spot or not)
I am doing something wrong sometimes when I tee off with a three iron. The ball goes about 20 yards skimming the ground. I think, I am lifting my club too soon and it hits the bottom edge of the club. Just wanted to confirm this with that impact decal.

Last edited by ForumAdmin on Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

link removed

Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:43 am
Site Admin

bigsurprise wrote:
Any one know of any place on-line that I could buy the impact decals (The ones you stick on the club face that shows you if you hit the sweet spot or not)
I am doing something wrong sometimes when I tee off with a three iron. The ball goes about 20 yards skimming the ground. I think, I am lifting my club too soon and it hits the bottom edge of the club. Just wanted to confirm this with that impact decal.

Click here and then do a search for "stickers" or "decals" and you should be able to find some.

Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:47 pm
Profile WWW
Teeing Off

well, i have just bought Ping S58 clubs. i dont have any specific choice but i was just looking for something and a very convincing salesman, convinced me to but it. so far it is looking good.

Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:11 am
Teeing Off

Mine is Callaway X-20 Iron Set .Choosing a new golf club is mainly up to yourself .I just like its comfortable to hold . And What's you preferrence to a golf club ? Maybe you should consider it.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:16 am
Teeing Off

bigsurprise wrote:
Any one know of any place on-line that I could buy the impact decals (The ones you stick on the club face that shows you if you hit the sweet spot or not)

If you don't want to wait to receive your impact decals you could use an erasable marker and put a dot on your ball and square it up so it's centered. Then when you strike the ball it will leave a mark on your clubface that will tell you where you made impact.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:01 am
Site Admin

swansong wrote:
bigsurprise wrote:

If you don't want to wait to receive your impact decals you could use an erasable marker and put a dot on your ball and square it up so it's centered. Then when you strike the ball it will leave a mark on your clubface that will tell you where you made impact.

Hey, great golf tip. :D Sure beats paying for something when you can just do this.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:12 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]