View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Golf Lessons? 
Birdie Member

Post Golf Lessons?
Has anyone gone for golf lessons and if so how much has it improved your game?

In addition to purchasing some new clubs I've been thinking that I may benefit from golf lessons instead of making the same mistakes over and over on the golf course. I don't plan on being on the pro tour or anything but I thought lessons might make the game even more enjoyable than it already is.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:44 pm
On The Fairway

Golf lessons may help you fix any problems in your golf swing. If you are golfing a few rounds a year, lessons may not really be needed. If you plan on golfing regularly you may want to take some lessons so you don't develop bad habits in your swing. Lessons couldn't hurt and you might enjoy the game more.

Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:22 pm
Birdie Member

I am retired so I do golf more now than I did before. I probably won't take lessons considering my age, but I thought I would think about it. The more I think about it, it just doesn't make sense. I'm not sure how much improvement can be made at this stage in my golf career.

Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:04 pm
Teeing Off

In the beginning I took lessons, but that was just to get the hang of it. After a few lessons I just played on my own. Lessons are fine but you have to get the feel of it if you ask me.

Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:03 am
Birdie Member

It was something I thought about but I don't think I was seriously considering lessons. Golf is just a game and exercise to me and I'm happy with my average scores.

Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:10 pm
Teeing Off

Post Improve your swing or lower your scores?
Hi Wpggolfer,

Well!
You are happy with your score, that's great...

Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:30 am
Teeing Off

Post GOLF LESSONS
There are many ways to learn golf and, fortunately, online golf lessons is one of the more economicals methods. Online golf lessons are an effective way to gain basic knowledge, strategies and techniques about the game of golf.

Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:25 am
Teeing Off

Whether you think you want/need lessons or not...I'll tell you what would be an eye opening experience for you if you've never had it done... Having your swing video taped.

I had my swing taped and played back swing analyzing software that allows you to slow down/freeze your swing at certain points, even match it up to tour pros in a side by side comparison...wow...what an epiphany that was for me. I could immediately see where I was going wrong.

If for no other reason I would suggest going to see a pro. As long as he has a video camera and swing analyzing software. Although...some may not want to see their swing...lol

Fri May 16, 2008 5:58 pm
Teeing Off

Golf books and online Golf Lessons contain almost everything you need to know about Golf. Books contain detailed descriptions and explanations about Golf terms and techniques. Online Golf Lessons may even go as far as having an animated demonstration of the Golf Swing, the Stance and the Grip.

You may think that you already know everything about Golf and that you will do great once you step onto the Golf Course. Yet all your hopes on having a great game start falling when you hit your 50th shot on your first hole. But before you lose hope, remember that Golf books and on-line lessons are not the only ways to learn Golf. Golf lessons are available in almost every Golf Course. If you are lucky enough, you might even have a Pro as your instructor. Here's a list of the benefits of having a Golf Instruction to help you decide whether you need a golf lesson or not.

Tue May 27, 2008 9:47 pm
Teeing Off

Post Re: Golf Lessons?
Well, golf lessons can be of help. Instructional books are also helpful but what really works is practical application. Even if you commit mistakes, you will end up learning and becoming better.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:00 pm
Teeing Off

Post Re: Golf Lessons?
I am practising with proper trainner and online training. It is useful 4 me.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]