View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Regina crew planning a Manitoba golf trip...need help!! 
Teeing Off

Post Regina crew planning a Manitoba golf trip...need help!!
We are planning a 3 day trip. We are leaving Regina on day one at around 5:30am. We are tentatively planning on playing The Bridges then Headingley (if we can get on...I read that it is semi-private...any help here would be great) That being said, we are open to other courses. We really want to get 36 holes in, at 2 different courses and time is obviously a problem. (It takes about 5 hours to get to Headingley from regina.) We are then planning on heading to a cabin near Steinbach for the night. On day 2, we are planning on playing all 27 (might have to cut back to 18 due to time constraints) at Quarry Oaks then heading to Hecla for the afternoon/evening 18. We will stay at the Oasis then head to Teulon for the first round the to Oak Lake on the way home. (My father-in-law has just completed his course at Oak Lake (looks pretty nice too!!), so we will need to check that out.) Anyway, we are going to play Hecla and Quarry Oaks for sure, but we are open to other suggestions. Also, we have really no idea what the roads are like, how long it will take to get between courses or how fast play is at certain places. If you see any red flags, let me know.
Also, we want to play the best courses possible. So, if course a is better than one we have on the list that you think we can switch, please let me know.

Cheers, Darren in Regina.

Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:46 am
Teeing Off

It's great to see our neighbors coming to Manitoba to play some golf. The golf courses you have chosen are all great courses. Hecla is my favorite golf course in Manitoba. You will be putting a few kilometers on the car I see. Quarry Oaks is about 45 mins east of Winnipeg and Hecla is about 2 hours north of Winnipeg.

When are you planning the trip. As soon as the courses open? early summer?

About semi-private - That doesn't really mean anything. It's just a public course that supposedly has a private feel to it. You'll still want to book your tee times in advance.

Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]