View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 4:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Masters 2008 
Teeing Off

Post Masters 2008
The Masters begins on Thursday . Always a great week .
Time to break out my green Masters Cap and enjoy the the beautiful views of Augusta National .
It would be nice to see Mike Weir have a good week .

Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:26 pm
Teeing Off

Post Re: Masters 2008
Unfortunately after a reasonably good start Mikey would up at +6...3 from the bottom...ouch.

Great tourney tho. I was pulling for Angel...and even tho he hit a couple of stinkers coming down the stretch he still managed to make up and downs and drain putts when he needed to.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:47 pm
Site Admin

swansong wrote:
Unfortunately after a reasonably good start Mikey would up at +6...3 from the bottom...ouch.

Great tourney tho. I was pulling for Angel...and even tho he hit a couple of stinkers coming down the stretch he still managed to make up and downs and drain putts when he needed to.

This thread was a year old from the 2008 Masters (sorry for the lack of posting updates), but the 2009 Masters had an interesting finish. I felt bad for Kenny Perry, but Angel did what he had to do.

It's nice to see that even pros at the highest level can hit some pretty bad shots like I do regularly :mrgreen: I couldn't believe when it came down to the clutch each player choked before Angel finally took the green jacket.

I'd sure love to see Mike Weir have another 2003 one of these years :D

Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:09 am
Profile WWW
Teeing Off

ForumAdmin wrote:
swansong wrote:

This thread was a year old from the 2008 Masters (sorry for the lack of posting updates), but the 2009 Masters had an interesting finish. I felt bad for Kenny Perry, but Angel did what he had to do.

It's nice to see that even pros at the highest level can hit some pretty bad shots like I do regularly :mrgreen: I couldn't believe when it came down to the clutch each player choked before Angel finally took the green jacket.

I'd sure love to see Mike Weir have another 2003 one of these years :D

Lmao....I never even noticed that. I just saw "Masters" and assumed it was current. What is it they say about "assuming"? Lol.

I was quite disappointed that all the talk during and after the tournament by American outlets like CBS and Golf Channel all revolved around Tiger, Phil and Kenny...but I know Angel got his due credit back home in Argentina.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:11 pm
Site Admin

It's all Tiger all the time.

I do notice they are always bringing up the Tiger Woods/Phil Mickelson rivalry hoping that there will be some controversy they can milk for all it's worth.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]