View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 How Long Does it Take to Become Good at Golf? 
Teeing Off

Post How Long Does it Take to Become Good at Golf?
I stated my golf life several weeks ago . As a beginner ,i want very much to become better.So anyone can give me some tips ?

Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:38 am
Site Admin

Post Re: How Long Does it Take to Become Good at Golf?
I guess you can say some never become "good" at golf :mrgreen:

If you are really interested in learning proper swing techniques and can afford it, a golf instructor would help. There are also some places that can take a video of your golf swing and analyze it, and show you what you are doing wrong.

You can also go to our Golf Videos section to find some great tips.

Some people are just happy hacking away on the golf course struggling to break 90 :lol:

Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:53 pm
Profile WWW
Teeing Off

Indeed...golf is a life long endeavor. Some struggle their entire lives to break 100 - 90- 80...whatever. That is the allure of the game. It can never be mastered...only enjoyed.

As Admin says...if you're really interested in improving the most direct way is lessons. Personally I have watched dozens of videos...read 100s of articles...taken swings watching myself in a mirror to see if I'm getting close to getting into the positions I need to be in, etc...

Whether you go the lessons route...or just try to improve on your own...you need to commit to a certain amount of practice. Just remember tho...it's not enough to just practice...you have to practice the proper things (that's where lessons come in handy) or you'll likely only get worse....lol

Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:11 am
Site Admin

That's true, practicing bad golf swings will get you good at making bad golf swings. I have A LOT of practice at that :lol:

Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:15 pm
Profile WWW
Teeing Off

As I think, it depends upon many factors. Most important is your willingness to learn the game. Secondly, your attitude about the game and third, a good golf course. Try to improve your game, step by step. Do not try to shoot hard initially. Make it gentle and take it as sports. Here you go !!!

Mon May 31, 2010 1:08 am
Teeing Off

Well. It all depends on your initial skills. You first need to have brain to function while you're playing. Then, you also need determination to go on golf lessons to improve your game. Then, if you have both of that, the rest will follow.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:11 pm
Teeing Off

For me it's depends on you. how much passionate you are about golf. I'm playing golf since 1 year. 1st 3 months was very crucial for me. I was very disappointed with my game. But I worked hard and slowly-2 it become up to the mark.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]