View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 4:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 CFL 2007 Season 
Birdie Member

Post CFL 2007 Season
With hockey just ending the CFL season is just around the corner.

The Bombers are looking good on paper but we'll see how it plays out this season. I'm concerned with their quarterback situation though. If Kevin Glenn goes down will the backups be able to step in to win? Kevin Glenn will also need to play a lot better obviously. He hasn't shown that he is a great CFL quarterback yet. At times he looked like he was starting to come around but an injury would knock him back down again. If the hogs can give him some time and protect him from getting hit, not only will he show some potential superstar ability he'll have less of a chance of getting injured.

Milt Stegall is only a couple TDs from the record so he will get those early on I'm sure. With some better receivers in camp hopefully they'll give Milt some more roon out there on the field.

Charlie Roberts will run to the rushing title this year I'm sure as the Bombers will feed him the ball as often as possible. They made some terrible calls last year when they should have ran with Roberts but didn't and it cost them the game.

GO BOMBERS GO! :lol:

Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:52 pm
Birdie Member

I'm just catching a bit of the Bomber-Tiger Cat game on Shaw right now. Not very entertaining so far but it's pre-season.

Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:44 pm
Site Admin

I caught some of the game. It didn't look too promising but it was only preseason. I agree with you wpggolfer that Roberts will get the rushing title again this year and hopefully they'll use him when they have the lead in the 4th quarter. There were a couple of games when they went 3 and out without running the ball. A few terrible play calls cost them some games last year. But I guess we're all armchair quarterbacks :lol:

They'll be in Edmonton to open the season so we'll see if they can start the season with a win. I'm looking forward to Milt Stegall getting the TD record as well.

www.FantasySportsNetwork.com is having two different CFL contests if anyone is interested. Pick 10 where you pick 10 players and get points based on how they perform. Pick the winners where...yep...you guess it, you just pick which team will win.

Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:13 pm
Profile WWW
Birdie Member

I think the Blue Bombers are going to be in a fight with Toronto for first in the east. Montreal looks to be a 500 team this year. The Stampeders are going to be first in the west with BC Lions a close second.

My early Grey Cup 2007 picks are Winnipeg Blue Bombers vs Calgary Stampeders with the Bombers winning of course. I reserve the right to change these picks at any time during the season. :lol: :P :lol:

Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:43 pm
Birdie Member

how about that game last night? Stegall was great and had that nice TD catch to tie the game and the record. It would have been great if he won it for them in OT. tie games aren't too much fun but that was a good game considering it was the first of the season for them.

Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:10 pm
Site Admin

The bombers could have easily lost those games they fell behind early but came back to tie or win. Hamilton is going to be tough for them this week and they lost twice to them in pre-season.

Toronto got a bad break with losing Bishop.

B.C. looks like they'll cruise to first in the West and probably into the Grey Cup.

Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
Birdie Member

Bishop being out hurts Toronto but helps Winnipeg. Montreal beat Toronto tonight so if Winnipeg can beat Hamilton they'll have a 3 point lead in the east. The Bombers really do need to stop the slow starts. Hamilton played BC tough and the Bombers may have quite a bit of trouble with the Tiger Cats. As you mentioned they did lose twice to them in pre season.

Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:05 pm
Birdie Member

Bombers stunk in Hamilton. Lumsden was a horse galloping for over 200 yards. Only 1 point up in the east. They blew a chance to take a commanding lead. Now they go into BC after they lost for the first time.

Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:34 am
Birdie Member

A great win in BC followed by a win in the final seconds versus Toronto for the Blue Bombers but yesterday it was Saskatchewan that came back to win it in the final seconds. Kevin Glenn played a great game again. Tough loss but hopefully they bounce back in the Banjo Bowl rematch next week.

Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:32 pm
Site Admin

Toronto came on strong to finish 1st in the East and B.C. finished 1st in the West.

The Bombers and Riders finished 2nd in the east and west respectively to host the semi-finals.

The semi-finals have already been played. The Winnipeg blue Bombers defeated the Montreal Alouettes in a close one 24-22 to advance to the East final and the Saskatchewan Roughriders beat the Calgary Stampeders 26-24 in another close game to advance to the West final.

Toronto vs Winnipeg - 12:00 pm CT Sunday, November 18, 2007
Saskatchewan vs B.C. - 3:30 pm CT Sunday, November 18, 2007

GO BOMBERS GO :lol:

Winners advance to the GREY CUP Sunday, November 25, 2007

Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:33 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]